Monday 21 February 2011

Use of Space


My favourites works are always the ones with much space around the subject. I love to compose images putting subject near the sides, top or bottom, corners, using space as much as possible. Space often emphasizes simplicity, purity, peace and tranquility and also the subject/message itself.






 




 




































 Rule of thirds is ideal as to maximise space and "compose negative space" around the subject but be creative too and break rules :)








I'm now using C A T has an avatar for my online portfolios which you can access from here or using the links on the right.










2 comments:

  1. You use negative space very well Anne, its a very useful tool to have in your armoury :) I think there is a place for having the subject centralised when you want to enhance the feeling of isolation, so the rule of two thirds is definitely there to be broken on occasions.

    ReplyDelete